The rationale behind the Master in Management programme is in line with the School’s mission and strategy, and aims at educating and training future managers, helping them to acquire the professional and personal skills, knowledge and competencies required to manage an organization efficiently, and to contribute therefore to the creation of economic value within the context of a global economy.
High level management of this kind involves:
- 100% commitment to a vision that charts new waters
- compliance with a code of business ethics to ensure a responsible development approach
- efficiency and effectiveness, day in day out, and an ability to lead multicultural teams
- innovation and the creation of value for the company and all its stakeholders
Students will gradually construct their training course along the way of their master in business management, honing its relevance in terms of their own personal development objectives. They will be in a position to consolidate what they learn by putting knowledge to practical use within the partner businesses, and will gain fresh perspectives by studying in partner universities throughout all five continents.
Throughout their Master in Management, students are mentored to foster their autonomy, diligence and professionalism. As they progress from the first-year fundamentals of management to more specialist training by role and sector, students continue to build a made-to-measure learning journey with high added value for their professional career.
Rennes School of Business belongs to the network of France’s highest-ranking educational institutions.
1. Quality of teaching staff
Extensively involved both in the teaching side and in the creation of new knowledge through research activities, faculty ensure that courses are continually updated with the latest discoveries from the world of management science.
2. A profoundly international perspective
91% of full-time teaching staff and 53% of students come from abroad, making campus life a genuine and somewhat unique cultural beehive. With a a network of 300 main partner universities worldwide, the School gives you a unique opportunity to study in a continuous international environment.
3. A strong relationship with business
Businesses do much more than simply provide a natural career avenue for graduates (over 50% of students are recruited before the end of their studies). They are also educational partners who provide them with support right from the start of their studies until the day they graduate.
Courses are based on an educational concept inspired by observations and analyses of best practices in the teaching of advanced level Management studies. It focuses on four different learning themes that complement each other and interact in order to build up learning synergies, helping students to develop their career plans.
- Understanding of business management concepts, methods and tools: the area of general study lays the groundwork for professional aspirations.
- Learning about cultural diversity: studying in a multi-cultural environment and the benefits from at least one educational period spent abroad, designed to broaden understanding of different management practices.
- Applying knowledge: an opportunity to road-test knowledge and ambitions within the school’s Global Responsible Pioneers Associations and on business work placements, some of which will be spent abroad.
- Developing personal potential: lectures and workshops on interpersonal relationship management enable students to develop personal potential as well as group leadership skills in order to manage and lead teams towards innovation and entrepreneurship.
Structure of courses
- The 1st year provides the fundamental management concepts in the business field and the opportunity to choose some subsidiary options, either in France or abroad, in one of our partner universities. 100% of the courses will be taught in English
- The 2nd year offers a choice of specialisation tracks, all taught in English, on our campus in Rennes or abroad according to each student’s career plan.
The Master in Management includes up to 36 weeks of internship experience for each student throughout the programme.
- Placement at the end of the 1st year: choice of a key management function in a company.
- In-company training: an optional gap year offering an opportunity to confirm or change the choice of major.
- Placement at the end of studies “Global Assessment project GAP”: advanced management placement used as the basis for research dissertation related to career aims.
- Bachelor or equivalent
- English proficiency:
TOEFL > 80 IBT, or TOEIC > 750, or IELTS > 6.5, or native language: English
- GMAT or GRE score
Modules: September 2019 to May 2021
Internship: 10 weeks in 2020; 16 weeks in 2021
Graduating project: up to September 2021
11600 euros Europe – 12200 euros outside Europe
The programme structure gives us an incomparable opportunity to go abroad.
As a Chinese student in the Grande Ecole Programme, I really enjoyed all the times spent in our School and in Rennes. Rennes School of Business' strengths lie in its Career Centre, its powerful Alumni network and its faculty. Besides, the fantastic atmosphere among all the international and French students provided us with the perfect integration into a different culture. Last but not least, the programme structure gives us an incomparable opportunity to go abroad for an academic exchange and discover an exotic culture.’’
MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT – 1ST YEAR
- Financial Analysis
- Principles of Marketing
- Corporate Finance
- Information Technology Management
- Managing Cultural Diversity
- Supply Chain Management Fundamentals
- Strategic Management Fundamentals
CHOICE OF TWO MINORS
- Logistics and Operations Management
- Consumer Marketing
- Industrial Marketing
- Management of Information Systems
- Human Resource Issues
TOTAL YEAR 1 / 60 ECTS
MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT – 2ND YEAR
MANAGEMENT COURSES (COMPULSORY)
CLASSICAL TRACK (75 ECTS)
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Competitive Strategy
ELECTIVE COURSE (CHOOSE ONE)
- Team Development and Management
- Management of Change
- Next Organisation
- Project Management
COMPULSORY SPECIALISATIONS (CHOOSE ONE)
- Major Finance
- Major Marketing
- Major Human Resource Management
- Major Innovation Management
- Major Supply Chain Management
2- DOUBLE DEGREE TRACK*
- MA in International Business
- MSc in International Accounting, Management control and Auditing
- MSc in International Finance
- MSc in International Financial Markets Analysis
- Msc in Data & Business Analytics
- MSc in International Marketing
- MSc in Digital Marketing and Communication
- MSc in International Luxury and Brand Management
- MSc in Sports, Leisure & Tourism Management
- MSc in International Human Resource Management
- MSc in Supply Chain Management
- MSc in MSc ustainable Management & Eco Innovation
- MSc in Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- MSc in Creative Project Management, Culture & Design
- MSc in International Business Negotiation
B2I OR INNOCAPT PROJECT
CAREER SERVICES WORKSHOPS
*Students with a GPA >= 2.7 of the 1st semester of Master in Management study can choose the Double Degree track
Candidates have to fill in the application form which is available on e-mail request to email@example.com or which can be downloaded on the website. The complete student’s file must be submitted to the admissions office.
Eligible candidates will be contacted for a an interview (Face-to-face, telephone, skype or on-line interview).
Visa for non-European students
Please contact the local French Embassy or Campus France in your country to obtain a visa application to arrange your stay in France as soon as you are admitted.
The international office of Rennes School of Business helps students to obtain a resident permit.
Rennes School of Business offers scholarships depending on academic performance or social criteria.
The School provides an orientation programme for all international students the week before classes start. Sessions are compulsory and cover application for residence permit, health insurance, banking, internet provider, mobile phones, bus pass and information sessions on French culture, academic expectations and standards.
Rennes School of Business helps international students to finding suitable accommodation (student residence, private house, shared flat, family homestay) in the city. A new residence campus for international students is now available on the campus.